Sunday, February 18, 2007

Been a while

Ok well I haven't posted in a while. I have been busy and the tank has been doing well. I made a deal with myself to let the tank be for at least a week. I had been putting my hands in and messing with it a lot. Well I made it 9 days without a hand in the tank! In that time I had a lot of algae bloom and some good coral growth. The xenias both split so instead of 2 I have 4! Also my mushrooms got bigger and so did some polyps. I will get some new pics soon.

I did have an interesting development. My tang came down with ICH! I tried to catch it (yeah right) for a quarantine and freshwater dip but that didn't happen. Instead I have started to dose Garlic. I am using Kent Marine Extreme Garlic. In 3 days of dosing the ich is gone! I am very happy this worked. I am looking into getting a UV sterilizer to prevent future outbreaks. Hopefully I can have one set up soon.

Another big development is that I have aquired a protien skimmer! I chose a CPR Bak Pak 2 This will be an excellent addition to the tank! From my reading and research this is perhaps the best addition to any reef tank. I hope it brings crystal clean water and good coral growth with it!

Thanks for reading.

No comments: