Thursday, January 4, 2007

Tank Details

Lets get right to it!

I am starting a reef aquarium at home. The tank is a 38 gallon received from Matt Lambert's home. I have it set-up as follows:

38 Gallon - 36" x 18" x 13"
30 lbs. Live sand
10 lbs. Crushed Coral Substrate
40 lbs. Live rock

200 watt heater
Aqualife hang-on filter (3 - stage bio filter w/carbon)
Powerhead unit (i don't know what kind or the volume...im working on that)
Coralife t-5 40 watt dual light fixture (50/50 actinic 20 watt & 10k daylight 20 watt) - I plan to add another soon

Parameters -

Salinity -1.023
pH - 8.2
kH - 11.2
Calcium - 410
Mg - uknown at this point
Ammonia - 0
Nitrate - 0
Nitrite - 0
Temp - 78 F

Original Fish Inhabitants - Percula Clown, Emperor Cardinal, Damsel, Seahorse.
Original Inverts - Cleaner shrimp, Bubble Tip Anenome, Several Misc. Snails
Original Corals - Zooanthids, Polyps, Xenia, mushrooms

This should get you started. I will post more soon about where the tank stands now. The items listed as 'original' were taken from my 12 gallon reef I started several months ago. They have been succesfully transferred over as I start to build my new reef.

No comments: